Tuesday, January 19, 2010

missing bird since last week




My high school students love to put my things in weird areas and tape random things to the ceiling, there are several golf pencils taped to various things. One day I walked in and my fake mushroom bird inside a small cage that is hanging from the ceiling. It actually looked good and I kept it there. Then one day I walked in and the bird was missing! I have felt this horribly sad feeling before when my parakeet actually escaped her cage! Blossom my parakeet came back chirping to me. :o) This mushroom bird I knew would not come hopping back to me. This missing bird should not have made me upset, but thinking that the students would be mean enough to hide or steal the bird was unsettling. Then yesterday I noticed this strange thing on the floor in a corner behind my desk and picked it up and it was the bird! So the kids had dropped it and couldn't find it. What a relief! The kids are honest and I have my bird back! The bird is back in its cage and hanging from a long green yarn string to the side of my desk.



All is well again in the art room aka Happyville :)

No comments:

Post a Comment