Saturday, April 10, 2010

White Ribbon !










I took 10 pieces from HS to the Four Rivers conference art show, and one of my girls placed third! This showing was great overall for STJ- several other students in the adv. classes placed too.

The whole experience of hanging the show brought back memories from helping my art teacher- Barb hang in high school.

Sometimes I feel fairly old, and mature -and then times I feel really young. The other school districts had 'older' teachers. I felt like a child amongst them, it was strange. I think that with my students being young is a great thing- I can relate to them, and with the 'more experienced' teachers they act as my age hinders me.

I went again to the show for the reception, with Barb, it was great. We both noted we didn't think we would be back there again! Ha! Recalling the great times we had was very nostalgic, and now I can honestly say- everything happens for a reason.

Wow. How true is that?

Great day at the gallery - as happyville travels! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment