Monday, May 10, 2010

{ art show }









The All School Art Show was a great success!! (Most of) The art teachers got along well, and the show was hung in 2 days!!- during these days I had a sub for 1 day, and then the 2nd day I just brought my high school students over to help me. This was also during the end of course exams so I had about 8 students in my classes. So each class I walked over to the elem to help hang the elem students artwork, sort ribbons, hide boxes, and even rebuild a artwork holding rack. My 3 boys in the class - wanted to escape to the shop building- but I had them go get a drill and hammer - they were perfect for fixing these broken wood racks. I promised them candy for all their hard work. That weekend was the art show! The newspapers were there, and everything looked great. Students won ribbons, certificates, and 25$ savings bonds.



After the show was over at 1 pm we started tearing down. It was almost bittersweet.
I spent so much energy this whole year getting ready for and talking about this show and now we were destroying the displays. I was definitely relieved to have this huge task completed- a weight lifted off my shoulders, but what took so long to prepare for was tore down and forgotten. In 3 hours we were packed up and cleared out.
I am excited for the art show next year, and there are many things I will do differently - to save time. I learned a lot and working with 2 of my teachers when I was in school was great! but-neither of them will be there next year, and I think this added to my sadness when cleaning up. Next year will be different.
Much different.


All was well in Happyville, blue, red, white ribbons and all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment